Heading Picture

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Decorating for Fall!






Fall is my favorite time of year. It reminds me of heading back to school, football season, leaves crunching under your feet, pretty coats, warm days and cool nights. Nature's color palette is so wonderful at this time of year, I have trouble thinking of an artist that can replicate it :) 


I have been looking forward to decorating the entry way buffet for fall for sometime now!! At the beginning of August when Hob Lobs put their stuff out I was rarin' to go, but I held out...until now. Technically the first day of fall is this week and it is "fall like" in some parts of the country, so why not?? So I am lighting  my fall Yankee candles, putting out my pumpkins and leaves and going to enjoy!! 

I was reading some blogs over coffee one morning and one lady referred to this season as the superbowl for crafters. I think she is right on!! I have so many crafts lined up on my craft table, on pinterest, and in my head that I am not sure what to do!! I am just crankin' em out!! I thought I would kick things off informally with the wreath, but REALLY kick off fall with the entry buffet! 

This is the buffet for summer. Nice and simple..Mail platter, lantern etc.
Here is the buffet ready for fall!



Here are some of nature's pretty fall images to help inspire you! Have a fab Sunday!


























http://theinspiredroom.net/2011/09/15/fall-nesting-party-2011/








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating






1 comment:

  1. Your buffet looks great!!! I don't even pull my fall stuff out until October - lol - I think that's when the inspiration *finally* hits me!!!
    have a great week!
    Carla :)

    ReplyDelete