Heading Picture

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Super Easy, Super Yummy Chicken Pot Pie!!


Since we are going to the beach this week, I wanted to make something with the ingredients we already had around the house!! So after digging through my recipes, I decided on Chicken Pot Pie! Now I have never made it before, and was pretty nervous, but it turned out to be amazing!! This is a husband approved dish!! Easy and yummy, what more do you need in a dinner??!?

So here is how you make it!!!

What you will need:

  • 2 T butter (I used no salt)
  • 1 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cups peeled, cubed sweet potato
  • 1 10.5 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup frozen petite green peas 
  • 1 T chopped fresh thyme
  • 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 refrigerated pie crust (I used pillsbury)
  • 1 large egg, beaten

  1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and saute until tender (about 7 mins); add broth and sweet potato and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 15 mins (make sure the sweet potato is tender). Stir in soup and next 2 ingredients. Cook 2 minutes or until texture is bubbly. Fold in chicken.
  2. Add some salt and pepper for taste. I also added in a sprinkle of garlic powder :) 
  3. Spoon chicken mixture into a lightly greased pie pan. Roll pie crust into a 12 in circle; fit over chicken mixture in pie plate, cut dough around edges and leave about 1in overhang. Fold edges and crimp! Cut several slits on top of pie to let steam escape. Brush crust with beaten egg. 
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 30  mins. Let stand for 10 mins. 

ENJOY!!! I served it with a dinner salad!!! 








3 comments:

  1. Looks great Libby. I could do this recipe minus the peas. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chicken pot pie, and this looks great! I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! I think I'm giving this one a try.

    angela

    ReplyDelete