Heading Picture

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yum!! Tijuana Trainwreck Salad!





My mother in law has come in this week to help out with baby mason, the house, and life in general!! YAY--I am really lucky to have her here!!

I decided To try a new recipe I got from a friend's blog, longhorninhouston.blogspot.com. She claimed it was super yummy, so I decided to trust her and try it while the MIL was here! (brave I know)! Turns out, it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**We used the HEB pre-seasoned beef fajita meat, and since we don't have a grill, we broiled it in a skillet in the oven!!! It tasted just like grilled fajita meat!!

Here's the recipe!!



Tijuana Train Wreck Salad

Ingredients:
Romain Lettuce
Pico de Gallo
Sliced Avocado
Shredded Cotija Cheese
Light Sour Cream
Cilantro
Grilled Beef Fajita Meat
Pecans
Shredded Coconut (TRUST ME HERE) I did doubt this, but it is GREAT!!

This salad is light and great!! And you don't need a dressing since you have the juicy pico and sour cream! We got the pico from HEB pre-made so all in all, this dish was super easy and perfect for a dinner after a looooonnngg day!!!





1 comment:

  1. Looks perfect to go with a corona or margarita!! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you on So Very Cheri!

    ReplyDelete