Heading Picture

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Tips to Make your Life Easier!!

Here are some tips that I try to remember to make my life a little easier!! 

1.) When you are going to grill hamburgers, make an indention in the center--this will help it flatten and cook evenly!!


2.) Basil is a fab mosquito repellent!

3.) Buttermilk sub--we cook with buttermilk quite a lot around here and I never have any! SO I came across this one day online and LOVE it---Mix one cup of milk and 1 T of lemon juice or white vinegar and let sit for about 5 mins. Then use as much as you need for your recipe!!!


4.) Always keep onions and potatoes away from one another--they somehow cause one another to spoil--ewwwwww

5.) When painting, paint your floorboards white, let them dry, then paint another layer of white on the top where the board meets the wall. This way you are filling the leaks in your tape with white paint! It will look professional when you are done!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!! 
If you like this and/or my other posts, please follow me!! Don't be shy!! Let me know you checked my blog out and send me a link to yours!!!

Check out these and other Fab Tips over at http://www.homebodyholly.com/


3 comments:

  1. Hi Libby!

    Basil as a mosquito repellent? Who knew?

    I love your new blog, but for some reason when commenting there is no space for just your name and url. I'm not sure if you can fix that, but I've noticed that other bloggers seem more inclined to comment if you have that than if you have to enter more personal info like a google account.

    I can't wait to read more about life with you and the fam!

    xo!
    Jamie Lee
    www.startingoutsavvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that with the hamburgers next time...mine always shrink up. Also, you don't have to make a whole cup of the "buttermilk" if you don't need that much, just put the juice or vinegar in the measuring cup and fill with milk to the amount you need (I guess you could cut down on the vinegar in ratio to the milk).
    Thanks for linking up...glad you joined! There's a typo in my link if you wouldn't mind fixing it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the buttermilk tip is fascinating, never heard of anything like it. thanks! - slamen

    ReplyDelete