Heading Picture

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Letter M



I have been searching high and low for the PERFECT items to go on the entry wall above the buffet. When I flip through magazines it always looks like the "person living there" just threw some junk up on the wall that they had lying around. Well since I am not one of those lucky people who happen to have 19th century keys left to me by my great grandmother I am going to have to create that look!

 I am proud to debut my newest homemade item and my FIRST item for above the entry buffet! Here he is (not hung yet)---

I have seen the infamous moss letter in a ton of mags and on the blogosphere. I tried sheet moss and hot glue, which I think turned out pretty good!! 

Now here's how you can do it! Hopefully you have a super easy letter like I to work with! M was easy, but took some time!

1.) Here is what you will need:


Here is the green sheet moss I was referring to. It is on the same aisle as the other moss at the HOb LOB

2.) And here is a shot of how it should start to look at you are gluing the moss to the letter. Note that I used a golden letter from HOB LOB because I liked the shape better than the cardboard at the other stores. Not to mention that it is hang ready AND only $5!! 

3.) So after you cut and glue and then cut and glue some more...you come out with this!!! (hopefully)

So if you are ready to spring up your house, this is a great, easy and cheap place to start!!! 






Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Great idea using one of the gold letters - so much more interest than a plain flat letter! Looks awesome!

    -MJ @ MD School Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey MJ!! Thanks for the comment!! That's exactly what I thought when I picked out the gold letter!! I am on my way to visit your blog now! Thanks for stopping by!!

    --Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby-

    Love! Just saw this is the PB catalog...yours is as cute and MUCH cheaper!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday! I hope to see you back this week {party opens on Wed night @ 8pm CST}

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving this moss letter! So cool!!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool letter! Your son is adorable! I'm your latest follower from Debbie's. come on over for a visit & follow me back if you get a chance! Have a great day! Allison @ leomommyof4.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little fella you got there! Found you at the Newbie party. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I'm always nervous to work with moss. I've never seen the sheets before! Very cool. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete